This PBL is loaded with so many challenging, exciting activities for your advanced, gifted/talented learners! You could use it as an enrichment project, a summative PBL for a space unit, or in your gifted/talented classroom. It addresses several CCSS literacy standards, as well as science, U.S. History, and inquiry standards. 3rd-8th graders would enjoy this unit, and it will last 6-8 hours, depending on how you use it.
The PBL packet includes the following:
1) Addressed CCSS and Science Standards
2) PBL Unit Plan
3) Link to a pre-made class presentation
4) Space Debate Tug-of-War Activity
5) Opinions/point-of-view activity: Students read the 4 attached articles about NASA employees, tax-paying adults, students, and politicians. After reading about each role, the students must write opinions for those people pertaining to the problem. (articles and note sheet included)
6) Product choice and brainstorming sheet
7) Rubric for PBL
There is no work for you to add to this; it is all done! Just make sure you read up on the content before teaching!