This product is a valuable Spring-themed unit to use in your classroom. This unit is designed around the Common Core Standards and covers the following kindergarten standards:
- Standard (K.CC.3) – Writes numbers from 0-20
- Standard (K.OA.1) – Represent addition and subtraction with objects, fingers, mental images, drawings, sounds, acting out situations, verbal explanations, expressions, or equations.
- Standard (K.OA.2) – Solve addition and subtraction word problems, and add and subtract within 10, e.g., by using objects or drawings to represent the problem.
- Standard (K.OA.3) – Decompose numbers less than or equal to 10 into pairs in more than one way, e.g., by using objects or drawings, and record each decomposition by a drawing or equation (e.g., 5 = 2+3 and 5 = 4+1).
- Standard (K.OA.5) – Fluently add and subtract within 5.
- Standard (K.NBT.1) –Compose and decompose numbers from 11-19 into ten ones and some further ones, e.g., by using objects or drawing, and record each composition or decomposition by a drawing or equation (e.g., 18 = 10 + 8); understanding that these numbers are composed of ten ones and one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, or nine ones.
Here is what you will get with this unit:
• Umbrella number cards 1-10 (2 pages)
• Number sentence cards with subtractions facts to 10 (10 pages)
• Number sentence building practice worksheets – building number sentences to 10 (5 pages)
• Number penmanship practice worksheets (5 pages)
• Base ten number composition and decomposition worksheets (4 pages)
Suggestions for use:
- Make copies of cards (1-10 number cards, and number sentence cards) on card stock. Laminate and cut.
- Make one copy for each child or enough copies for a math center.
- Match number cards to number sentence cards (graphing practice.)
- Have students play go-fish with the numeral cards and number sentence cards.
- Print all number sentence building practice pages for a Spring themed mini book for either whole group or math centers
- Print all number penmanship practice pages for a Spring themed mini book for either whole group or math centers
- Print all base ten composition and decomposition practice worksheet and make a Spring themed mini book for either whole group or math centers.