Cut a wide straw and staple the end to make a simple rocket. Add a drinking straw and you have a STEM activity, an activity to add to your sub folder, a station for a family science night, or an activity to build team spirit in your classroom.
To make it easy, I've included:
- a simple overview of the science involved
- a teacher demo to introduce the concepts
- a quick activity (maybe for your sub folder)
- a team activity (includes a math extension, angles and graphing)
- a short essay to read or listen to
- a simple assessment saved in Word™ so you can adapt it for your students
- terms to print and post to create a word wall
- worksheets with a completed example
- a word search puzzle
- a crossword puzzle
I pulled this resource apart and added a bunch of new materials to create a distance learning or independent activity. Check it out! Distance Learning: Straw Rockets
Thanks for visiting my Simply Science store. Please take a moment to leave a comment when you purchase a product.
– • – ♥ – • –
Differentiate for your math students with simple, fun games in our Simply Math store.
– • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • –
Click on the ★ next to our store to follow me and find out about new products. New products just $1 for the first forty-eight hours.
– • – • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • – • –
Visit my blog to find resources for new teachers and "I'd like to teach more science" teachers!
The illustration on the cover of my product was created by: The Educational Graphics Group.