Multi-Digit Subtraction Word Problems Solve & Draw Task Cards are a no-prep way to make addition review work or practice more engaging. Perfect for back-to-school skill review and emergency sub plans! Put a new spin on color-by-numbers, glyphs, or mystery drawings and channel your students' love for doodling and drawing.These are also designed to provide practice of reading math directions and breaking down multi-step word problems. These are intended to be a challenge or review activity.
How Solve & Draw Task Cards Work:
Students read the word problem, determine the steps they need to take, and solve the subtraction problems. Then, there are two related math problems, often requiring critical thinking and making connections, that will prompt them to add specific objects to the drawing. To keep them guessing, each problem may have one correct drawing prompt, two, or none.
Drawing is no-prep because it can be done with a pencil. You may choose to allow colored pencils, crayons, or markers but they are not required.
Three drawings are included, each with 8 associated task cards (insect from the correct drawing is on each numbered task card). Each task card contains three related math problems.
Task cards are included in both color and black-and-white. An answer sheet with workspace is provided and may be copied on to the back of the drawing or separately. You may also choose to print copies of the task cards in black-and-white, especially for students needing support, and allow students to complete the work on the task cards.
Drawing prompts require a student to use multiple skills:
• Multi-Digit Subtraction problems within 100
• Reading word problems carefully and determining the steps and calculations needed to solve
• Making math connections
• Identifying unnecessary information in word problems
• Reading directions accurately
You Might Also Be Interested In:
• Multi-Digit Addition and Subtraction No-Prep Printable Solve & Draw
• See all my Math resources by clicking here!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.