Do your students need practice with identifying, understanding, and using text features? Well, this is the pack for you! This 120-page pack of text feature activities will keep your students engaged and thinking! There are varying levels of activities to promote easy differentiation. Some activities even have two options in order to allow you to meet your students where they are. Printer friendly versions of each activity are included for your printing preference.
Please see the preview for a closer look!
6 activities, teacher directions, student directions, black and white versions, recording sheets, and answer sheets are included.
“Plane” Jane Text Feature Match
- Students make matches of three cards: an example of the text feature, the name of the text feature, and the definition of the text feature.
Just Truckin’ Along…
- Students read the rhymes and determine what text feature the card is describing.
We’re in Ship Shape
- Students read each text feature and match it with the correct name. Watch out! There is more than one example per text feature.
Sort & Soar
- Students read a passage about hot air balloons. They then read sentence cards and decide if they learned the information from reading the text or from reading the actual text features.
Wacky Tacky Table of Contents
- Students read a table of contents. They then answer questions about the table of contents.
My Suitcase of Text Features
- Students create their own mini book about text features. Students may draw an example of the text feature and write their own definition. Primary and regular lines are included.
Check out some of my other ELA products!
Blasting off with -ing Board Game
Once Upon a Prefix - Prefix Centers
CCSS Foundational Skills & Language HW - 1st Grade
Close Reading Passages - Florida
Close Reading Passages - Rainforest Layers
Close Reading Passages - All About Dogs
Close Reading Passages - Animal Eyes
Please see the preview file for a closer look! If you have any questions BEFORE buying, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember that your feedback helps me to create in the future! Your feedback earns you credits that you can spend on future TpT purchases! It’s free money for classroom resources.