- This Cause and Effect Package includes two resources for teaching the text structure of cause and effect - the set of Cause and Effects Task Cards, and a Cause and Effects Slide Presentation.Both resources address these cause and effect situations:- one cause with one effect- multiple causes with o
- This Chronological Order Text Structure Package includes two resources for teaching the text structure of chronological, or sequential, order - the set of Chronological Order Task Cards, and the Chronological Order Slide Presentation.The PowerPoint Slide Presentation explains the concept and include
- This Compare and Contrast Package includes two resources for teaching the text structure of comparing and contrasting - the Compare and Contrast Task Cards Set, and the Compare and Contrast Slide Presentation.The PowerPoint presentation explains the concept, as well as the difference between compari
- This Descriptive Text Structure Package includes two resources for teaching the text structure of description - the set of Description Task Cards, and the Description Slide Presentation.The PowerPoint presentation explains the concept and includes examples and student practice slides. There is also
- Problem and Solution Text Structure Package includes two resources for teaching this text structure - the set of Problem and Solution Task Cards, and the Problem and Solution Slide Presentation.The PowerPoint presentation explains the concept and includes examples and student practice slides. There
- Bundle Description
This big Text Structure Bundle includes ten resources - two resources each for five text structures. There are five set of task cards and five PowerPoint presentations. The five structures are:
Cause and Effect
Cause and Effect
Problem and Solution
In addition to an explanation and examples of the specific text structure, each PowerPoint includes student practice slides and a fill-in-the-blank student notebook page that can be printed out in advance for students to complete as they view the slides.
Each set of task cards provides lots more practice with a variety of activities according to the particular text structure. Task cards are great for whole class games or activities like centers, stations, or partner work. Individual cards can also be selected for review work as needed. With thirty cards including a variety of activities in each set, they should work well with kids at a range of ability and skill levels.
Practicing with each specific text structure helps students to really understand how the structure works and prepares them to better identify it in their own reading later. These presentations and task card sets support the reading standards related to making inferences and using text structures.
Each item shown above contains two of the resources, a set of task cards and a slide presentation, together in a zip file. For a closer look at each set of task cards and at the activities on each slide presentation, see the individual previews of each item above.
From Classroom in the Middle