Your students will stay engaged with these entertaining Thanksgiving math problem solving task cards that become a fun story. There are 12 self-checking problems with the answer on the back. Students can either play a board game with them or color a turkey as they solve the problems. These same word problems also come in worksheet form. Other choices include how your students work or record their answers. These task cards, worksheets, games, and activities can be used with cooperative groups, independently, in centers, for fast finishers, or as an assessment.
ALL MATERIALS COME WITH A COLOR OR BLACK AND WHITE OPTION
This product includes...
* Direction pages and Common Core Standard page
* 2 game boards (1 color and black & white)
* 5 sets of 4 different game markers (1 color and 1 black& white)
* 1 turkey color sheet (students color a feather or turkey part when they answer a problem correctly)
* 2 sets of 12 task cards with word problem on the front and answer on the back (1 color and 1 black & white)
* The same 12 word problems (3 to a page) in black and white
* 2 “Turkey Trivia” posters with 8 facts. Students can use them to create their own word problems, use for reading, or as a sponge activity (1 color and 1 black & white)
* 1 blank black and white word problem sheet (with lines) for students to create their own word problems using the “Turkey Trivia” poster
* Student Recording Sheet for quick answers
* Teacher Answer Key
* 3 page Students Recording Sheets with 4 turkeys on each page that can be used with task cards or worksheets. Students identify key words in the problem, draw a picture, write the number model (equation), and their answer.
* 2 center signs (1 color and 1 black & white)
PLEASE CHECK THE PREVIEW TO SEE COMMON CORE STANDARDS, TEACHER DIRECTIONS, AND SOME OF THE BLACK & WHITE OPTIONS
FOR MORE 2ND GRADE PRODUCTS PLEASE CHECK OUT THE LINKS BELOW
Thanksgiving Bingo For Main Idea and Supporting Detail
Christmas Word Problem Task Card Center
Script Writing, Puppet Making, and Dramatization Project
Learning Styles Survey with Star Bulletin Board Display