The Giver Book Unit contains lessons aligned to the Common Core Standards for grades 6 -8. This comprehensive unit includes vocabulary, comprehension questions, constructive response questions, skill lessons, and classroom display materials to use with the book The Giver by Lois Lowry.
You will find the following in this unit plan:
• Ten Vocabulary Worksheets each focusing on one Word Vocabulary – These worksheets include pronunciation, definitions, and sample sentences from the text.
• Vocabulary Test
• Ten Comprehension Quizzes
Each comprehension quiz has:
o multiple choice questions which require students to recall details from the chapters
o multiple choice higher level thinking questions such as context clues, main idea, plot development, summary, drawing conclusions, inference, predicting, theme, understanding vocabulary, interpreting literary devices, etc.
o Each chapter contains one Common Core correlated constructive response question. These questions contain graphic organizers to help students organize and plan a response.
• A Mini-Book for Detailing Story Elements from The Giver
• Skill Practice aligned to the Common Core Standards – This practice includes graphic organizers, activities, printable worksheets, and card activities.
o Context Clues
o Reference Sources
o Root Words
• Classroom Display Materials
o Common Core Standards Covered in Skill Lessons
o Essential Questions
o Lesson Goals
o Vocabulary Word Wall
Answer keys for each practice page are included.
Additional FREE resources for this unit may be found at my website.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Included with this book unit is the username and password to all the interactive quizzes for this book online. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++