*Aligned with Common Core Standards for Mathematical Practice.*
Want to add a problem solving routine to your math block so you can focus on conceptual understanding? This ready-to-go problem solving packet will get you started!
Don't scramble looking for challenging word problems - these are ready-to-go and designed for a daily problem solving journal or notebook. This packet provides 12 weeks of problem solving (1 problem per day).
This is designed for typical second grade pacing, but can easily be adapted for advanced first graders or third graders who are struggling conceptually in math.
60 word problems:
- Most focus on addition and subtraction with/without regrouping
- Some multiplication and division story problems
- Some money
- Multiple-step problems
- Not reliant on key words: students must truly understand the problems
- Problems require students to choose the numbers they want to use
- 5 problem solving routine mini-anchor charts
- 'Ways We Solve Problems' mini-anchor chart
- Problem solving strategies cards
- Blank problem solving strategy cards for you to use when your students discover an alternative way of solving.
Thanks for looking!! :)
CGI, Cognitively Guided Instruction, Problem Solving Skills