These activities help extend the classic tale of The Three Billy Goats Gruff. There are eight original, teacher-created activities from various areas of the curriculum. The activities are in PDF format so they can be access on both PCs and Macs.
1. Consonant Blend Game: Draw a picture card. Move your token to the first available space that shows the consonant blend you hear at the beginning of the word. (br, tr, and gr)
2. Syllable Sort: Say each word in the box. Circle the the number of syllables you hear in each word.
3. Ordinal Numbers: Follow the directions on the instruction page to place each picture on the correct square.
4. Billy Goat Gruff Count By Threes: Place the goat cards in number order from smallest to largest. Then read the numbers out loud to count by threes.
5. What's Your Problem? Answer the questions about the problem, events and solution to the problem in the story of The Three Billy Goats Gruff.
6. Y as a vowel: Sort out the word cards on the the correct side of the bridge according to whether the y makes the long /e/ sound or long /i/ sound in the word.
7. -er and -est Adjectives: Complete the adjective chart by filling in the blank
spaces with the correct root word, -er or -est form of the adjective.
8. Number Comparison: Use the , and = symbols to compare the numbers on each pair of goats.
9. Activity Letter: Explains how to do each activity