Triangle Sum Theorem Exploration- Students discover that the sum of the angle measures in a triangle is 180 degrees.
Here's what's included in in this great lesson pack:
- A review of triangle classifications
- 2 half-sheet Warm-Up exercises
- 2 different versions of a discovery worksheet for Triangle Sum Theorem
- A quick cut-up activity for investigating Triangle Sum Theorem
- A short presentation in a separate PDF file
- An organizer to record the theorem (in a diagram with math language and in the student’s own words) and provide examples of possible and impossible triangles based on the theorem
- A small exit slip for Triangle Sum Theorem
-2 worksheets for practicing Triangle Sum Theorem (one basic, one with algebra applications)
- A short quiz (2 pages)
- Answer Keys
*** Note: This activity is also included in a larger DISCOUNTED bundle:
-ruler or other straightedge
Please look at the preview file for a look at what's included. Some of the problems require solving equations that may be a challenge for middle schoolers. These can be skipped, but please verify that most of this is appropriate for your own class and their skills.
Try these other discovery based Math Giraffe inquiry activities next: