Video Game Composition
What educators are saying
Also included in
- If you are looking for a curriculum already created and ready to go for you, look no further! This is setup to create an engaging year full of learning for you and your students! All information is in each unit added to this bundle. This is exactly what you need for the school year! So, save time anPrice $80.50Original Price $89.45Save $8.95
- Want your students to exercise some creative composition techniques? These Music Composition Units are PERFECT to expose students to a variety of composition styles, from mixing, looping, and traditional composition. They can make their own album, podcast, superhero theme song, or film scene soundtrPrice $64.75Original Price $71.94Save $7.19
In the Video Game Composition Lesson, what better way to connect with your students than through video game music! It's the perfect music activity for kids! In this project, your students will create their concept of a video game - creating all the way from the backstory of the video game to all the characters to what the video game music will sound like. This video game composition has all handouts and websites listed need to complete this project and discusses the video game components for creating music. One of the websites used in this project is Beepbox.co - a midi website create for easy access for any age group (this is free online). This can be used as a handout presentation, or all organized on a slideshow for virtual learning students.
Included in this Video Game Composition Lesson and Project:
- 2 pages designed to organize student thoughts for their video game music
- 2 pages for students to organize their sketches
- 1 page with a detailed rubric
- 1 page with list and download instructions for websites
- 8 pages with Teacher Guide
- Links to the Google Doc, Student Template Google Slide Presentation and Teacher Presentation Google Slide.
This composition project can last about 2 weeks with a 45 minute class period. This can be used for individual students or groups - your decision! Most importantly - HAVE FUN!
Extra information and examples can be found on my Blog Here.
For more content and resources, join at .
Other resources that would check your eye:
- Superhero vs. Villain Theme Composition Unit and Project
- My Life Soundtrack
- Musical Toy Coding Unit and Project
Contact me at if you have any questions.
For more fun content, find me at: