Polygons and Polyhedrons - Math, Geometry
In "How To Celebrate Winter Solstice" we learn that Johannes Kepler was the Astronomer who discovered that the Earth follows an elliptical path around the sun marking the solstices and the equinoxes, thus discovering the “The Planetary Laws of Motion.”
He was also a Mathematician and classified everything polyhedron. Let’s learn a bit more about these interesting shapes that inspired Kepler! You will notice that polygons and polyhedrons have similarities, but one is flat (two-dimensional) and the other is three-dimensional.
• Polygons and Polyhedrons Math lesson page
• What is a Polyhedron lesson page
• What is a Polygon lesson page
• Polygons and Polyhedrons Quiz (with answer sheet)
• Activity Pages: Polyhedron Paper Folding Ornaments, from simple to complex depending on grade/skill level; Tetrahedron, Octahedron, Cube, Dodecahedron, Icosahedron, Great Stellated Dodecahedron.
Be sure to download the free video tutorial for making paper polyhedrons. Have fun with Geometry!