Also included in
- If word problems are something your students struggle with, then these task cards are the perfect way to get in more meaningful practice!This bundle includes 2 resources:Word Problem Detective: Beginner Set: Dig deep with these 18 math word problems! There are 4 one-step and/or two-step problems forPrice $6.37Original Price $7.96Save $1.59
Dig deep with these 18 math word problems! There are 4 one-step and/or two -step problems for each story, so students must learn to read carefully and think hard about what the question is actually asking. This is great for working on problem-solving skills!
- 18 Task Cards (prints 2 to a page)
- Recording Sheets
- Answer Keys
- Google Slides
- Easel Activity
- Digital or Print
- A “Steps for Solving Word Problem Detective Task Cards” Card
- Audio Support
- Multiple versions of the recording sheet included
Great for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE A LOT MORE!
This resource is part of a money-saving bundle!
This bundle includes this resource:
This resource uses American English and is editable.
Each of these 18 half-page cards features a story with a lot of information and numbers. There are also four problems for each story. Students must read carefully to successfully select the information they need to solve each problem. Many of these problems require more than one step to solve. Older or advanced students should be able to solve most of the problems mentally. Younger or struggling students will need to solve the problems on paper.
- Download our to learn 31 different ways you can use this resource!
✏️ "At first my students were a little confused, so we did the first one together. After that, they kind of just took off. They enjoyed the challenge that this product brought, and I enjoyed that they couldn't just guess and operation and then computate. They have to actually read through the problem and think about what information is relevant for each question." -Think Outside the Bell
✏️ "Thank you for a great resource. I love, love, love these problems! I love that the information is presented as a long passage - this is great for reading and reading comprehension practice. Having four problems to solve requires rereading and inferencing, as well solving the actual mathematical problem." -Perrine G.
✏️ "My students absolutely love doing these! They beg me for more. I love that they are challenging and require students to re-read." -PJ I.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE…
- Place Value
- Order of Operations
- Fractions: Converting (double set)
- Close Reading Tool Kit for Literature
- Brain Breaks
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on .
- Join our .
- Check out our Blog
- Follow us on Social Media - or
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Go to your My Purchases page.
- Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment.
- You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ WE STRIVE FOR 5 STARS! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
NEED HELP? Before leaving feedback:
About the Author
Rachel Lynette is a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. She has written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. This resource reflects more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom