This bundle contains 252 hands-on math mats for addition and subtraction story problems.
If your students find word problems tricky, Math Mats may be just what they need. That trickiness will evaporate away! With Math Mats, students are able to cut out and manipulate pictures for a hands-on experience. Students use these pictures to illustrate the word problem, which aids in math comprehension and understanding of addition/subtraction situations.
This bundle includes math mats for the entire year! There are four themes for each month, which are:
* September - apples, football, snacks, school supplies
* October - bats, candy, ghosts, pumpkins
* November - acorns, leaves, owls, turkeys
* December - candy canes, gifts, ornaments, stockings
* January - cotton candy, mittens, penguins, snowballs
* February - candy hearts, cookies, stickers, valentines
* March - balloons, basketball, coins, shamrocks
* April - bunnies, chicks, soccer, umbrellas
* May - beach balls, bees, butterflies, flowers
Each theme includes seven Math Mats that address the adding/subtracting situations listed in the Common Core Standards for first graders. Those are:
* putting together
* putting together 3 addends
* adding to
* adding to with 3 addends
* taking apart
* taking from
That gives us a total of 28 Math Mats for each month, and 252 total.
The best part? You can use these tomorrow. They are very low prep — just print and go.
Here’s a few more tidbits.
- I always allow my students to choose their own numbers and “write their own word problems.”
- The math mats use black and white line art, so students can color their work. Coloring is serious business in first grade, of course.
- Use different word problems with different students to differentiate lessons.
This product is a BUNDLE! You are getting nine great products at a discount. The products included are:
Back to School Math Mats
October Math Mats
November Math Mats
December Math Mats
January Math Mats
February Math Mats
March Math Mats
April Math Mats
May Math Mats
With 28 Math Mats in each sets, you'll get 252 total. That's enough to keep your students engaged for the entire school year!
Still shopping? Here are some products you may be interested in.
* Graphing through the Year
Be the first to learn about new products and discounts.
Find the green star near the top of this page and click it to become a follower
. You will then receive email updates about Today's Objective Publications.
Copyright 2012 Today's Objective Publications
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to use for single classroom use only.
Do not distribute or share electronically.