This unit includes over seven center activities to celebrate the changing of the seasons and the beautiful fall colors.
- Making Words (2-9+ letter words)
- Word Search (using most of the 36 vocabulary words)
- Synonym & Antonym Match-Up (finding both a synonym & antonym for a given word using the included cards)
- Parts of Speech Sort (sorting 36 autumn-themed words into nouns, verbs, or adjectives)
- ABC Order (organizing 36 autumn-themed words into alphabetical order)
- Syllable Sort (sorting 36 autumn-themed words into 1-3 syllables)
- Pick 3: Choosing 3 autumn-themed words and writing either a synonym, antonym, definition, or sketch.
- Publishing Paper (for centers who finish early, included paper can be used to use the word(s) in a story, poem, how-to, etc.)
- Synonym & Antonym Poster to help at centers
- 36 autumn-themed word cards
Great to practice a wide range of word work during these back-to-school months.
This unit addresses the following 3rd Grade Common Core State Standards:
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
For more information, visit my blog: 3rd Grade Thoughts
Thanks and enjoy!