Three pages of guided notes to help students name polyhedrons and construct the correct surface area formula for prisms and pyramids.
- students name polyhedrons by identifying the shape of its base(s) and lateral faces
- students draw the shapes that make up the polyhedron, then replace the shapes with their area formulas, substitute in the measurements and solve
- classify triangles by their side lengths
- focuses on the three types of triangular prisms (equilateral, isosceles, scalene)
- students will draw the base and labeling its side lengths, which affects how many congruent lateral faces the formula will have
- students construct the surface area formula by drawing the shapes that make up the polyhedron, then replace the shapes with their area formulas, substitute in the measurements and solve
Answer key included!
More Polyhedron Fun:
⭐ Faces, Edges, & Vertices of 3D Shapes
♥ Have fun learning!
Allison from Teach Travel Math
Follow My Store. Don’t miss out on new products, sales, and freebies!
Don’t forget to leave feedback to earn TpT credits for future purchases! Every 20 credits is worth $1! Please take a moment to give a star rating and comment. If you have any issues with your purchase, please contact me before leaving a negative review. I will do my best to resolve the issue.
❱❱ Other Places You Can Find Me ❰❰
INSTAGRAM • PINTEREST
©2019 Allison Ford (Teach Travel Math)