Products in this Bundle (4)
‘Writing’ the subject that drives fear into the hearts of teachers and is so often ignored/forgotten because “We do a lot of writing in reading.” Nothing can replace explicit writing instruction, mentor texts, time spent writing, and students sharing their writing.
Using a workshop model, students have opportunities for direction instruction, writing time (with conferring), and sharing their writing each day. This familiar routine keeps me focused on incremental growth and is predictable for students.
- Narrative Writing
- Inform/Explain (Paragraph) Writing
- How-To Writing
- Opinion Writing (to be released by March 1, 2020)
- mini-lesson ideas and materials
- hands-on learning ideas
- mentor-text suggestions (added to Inform/Explain by 03-01-2020)
- anchor charts
- graphic organizers
- writing ideas and prompts
- assessment materials (checklists and rubrics)
Please click “View Preview” to see what is included for each resource. If you previously purchased one of these individual writing units in the last year, please reach-out to TPT Support. They handle all refunds and financial transactions.
Catherine - The Brown Bag Teacher