Students will make a class recipe and use it to do various short writing pieces (informative paragraph, persuasive paragraph, realistic fiction story, make-believe story, and advertisement). They will then pick their own recipe and do the same types of writing for their own recipe.
Objectives and Skills:
-follow and write a recipe
-write for different purposes (inform, persuade, entertain)
-write both realistic fiction and make-believe stories
*students practice skills twice- once with Ants on a Log, once with their own recipe
-Recipe Sheets (3 choices)
-5 writing activities with two versions each*-
• Writing to Inform: How to Make the Recipe (w/ graphic organizer)
• Writing to Persuade: Should a Friend Make the Recipe? (w/ graphic organizer)
• Writing to Entertain: Realistic Fiction Story (w/ planning sheet)
• Writing to Entertain: Make Believe Story (w/ planning sheet)
• Writing to Persuade: Advertisement
*1 version for the Ants on a Log class recipe and 1 for each student’s own recipe
Ants on a Log Recipe Directions
1. Have an adult help you cut the celery.
2. Spread cream cheese.
3. Put raisins on top.