Use this Smart Board presentation to help organize your classes ideas on Zoos.
In my class we:
* Students draw two KWL chart in their writing notebooks
** One should be labeled "Animals that live in zoos," the other "Animals that live in the wild"
* I model 1 example for each chart
* Then, have the students work on the K for EACH chart K(know- what they know)
* While you're reading books to the class or while they are reading individually or in small groups they should be taking notes on the T-charts that are modeled here in this presentation
* Read several books about animal that live in/out of zoos
* Read articles about how others feel about animals that live in/out of zoos
* Once about 3-4 days are spent reading different types of books and/or articles, the students should now select this side. ARE THEY PRO ZOOS OR CON ZOOS.
* Finally, using the last page of this presentation, the students will write their persuasive and informative writing piece.
** THIS DOCUMENT IS A COMMON CORE STANDARD TASK!