This is a Microsoft Excel calculator that I made to track my students' mastery of common core standards.
What you get:
* Instructions on how to use the forms.
* A worksheet for EVERY common core standard.
* One overall tracking sheet for every strand of the common core, for mastery of each section at a glance.
How the forms work:
* You type in your students' names ONE time, and they autofill on every other sheet!
* Type in the date of your assessment, then add a code for each child's progress that day. The codes are N, P, and M. N stands for non-mastery, P is partial mastery, and M is mastery.
* Those codes are translated into a mastery score, and are color-coded for you to make it easier to see who is mastering concepts and who needs more work.
* You can add up to 20 lines of data for EVERY standard!
How I use the forms in my own classroom:
* I teach 3 periods of math per day. Each day as a bell ringer, I assign common core aligned questions over various standards that we have been studying. I walk around and grade the questions, or we grade them as a class. I then enter the data into the calculator for each day. As of 9/20/16, I have already assessed all of the OA and NBT standards multiple times and have seen some growth in some of my students. The sheet helps me see which standards students continuously struggle with, and where growth is being had. The overall sheets have been a great resource for sharing with my principal to show my students' progress to date.
Why did I make the forms?
* I have been asked, like many other teachers, to track individual student progress on standards. All of the other calculators/sheets that I've found are labor intensive, and require me to copy and paste student information from sheet to sheet, and just don't have the functionality that I would like. That led me to create my own document, that auto-fills, auto-scores, and automatically color-codes my students' progress.
*** Please note that I have locked all formulas on the sheets so they cannot be accidentally deleted, therefore, some cells are locked and cannot be manipulated.
I am adding the grading sheet that I use to record daily scores for FREE! Look for the Daily Common Core Standards Tracking sheet freebie.