Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This Fall Math Mystery (Grade 4) “Case of The Furious Fall Winds” is a mystery where students must solve clues to help catch the criminal vandalizing the home of Sheldon, The Shaman of Seasons! Engage and motivate your students in this fun detective story, which also encourages critical thinking as they must reason their way through eliminating suspects. These NO PREP worksheets are great for individual or group practice and review.
This fall, Mathhattan has been experiencing some furious winds. But these winds are no ordinary winds; if anyone is pulling a face while the wind blows over them, it will stay that way! A great math detective is needed to calm Sheldon the Shaman down by finding out who is trying to blackmail him into changing the season back to summer!
NEW - Editable Suspects list added to the packet. This way you can change the character names and alter the mystery outcome. There are also two alternative pre-made lists you can use instead.
In this math mystery pack you will receive:
- Teacher Instructions
- The Math Mystery Story: Case of The Furious Fall Winds
- Possible Suspects List - that students will use as they work through each math clue worksheet.
- Clue 1 Worksheet: Continuing Patterns
- Clue 2 Worksheet: Division (Interpret Remainders)
- Clue 3 Worksheet: Addition & Subtraction Algorithms
- Clue 4 Worksheet: Multiplication (Mixed facts between 1-12)
- Clue 5 Worksheet: Complete the Addition/Subtraction/Multiplication Sentence (fill in the missing number)
- A suspect declaration sheet that includes a clue completion checklist and a teacher check off as solved/try again.
- Answer sheets for each clue plus a color coded guide to the elimination process of the suspect list.
- Printable awards to give to students who solve the case!
I hope your students enjoy this fall math activity. Please do not hesitate to email me on JJResourceCreations@gmail.com or use my store Q & A if you need help or have any questions when using this resource.
This math mystery story is also currently available for Grades 2, 3, 5 and 6. Click on the links below to preview skills covered in each:
(Please note that the mystery story and word clues are the same across the grade versions, however the math questions/skills required to crack each clue are different. You can email me if you would like an example.)
Look for the little green star near my store name and click to follow for updates on new math mysteries, freebies and more!
Some other products that you may also be interested in:
Product Tags: Fall math center, fall math center printables, fall math, common core math, fall common core, fall math activity, fall activities, fall math work, fall math NO PREP, fall, math, fall math review, Autumn math center, Autumn math center printables, Autumn math, common core math, Autumn common core, fun autumn math activity, autumn activities, autumn math work, autumn math NO PREP, autumn, math, autumn math review.