Earth Day Math common core aligned Math Mystery (Grade 4) “Case of The Litterbug”. Your students will be engaged and motivated by this fun earth day detective story, which also encourages critical thinking as they must reason their way through eliminating suspects. These NO PREP worksheets are common core aligned and are great for practice and revision.
Mathhattan’s environment is in jeopardy! A litterbug is on the loose spreading trash all over the place! A great math detective is needed to help the police find the litterbug and save the environment!
In this earth day math mystery pack you will receive:
- Teacher Instructions
- The Math Mystery Story
- Possible Suspect List - that students will use as they work through each math clue worksheet.
- Clue 1 Worksheet: Roman Numerals (Numbers between 1-250)
- Clue 2 Worksheet: Estimating Sums and Differences (Rounding to the nearest tens, hundreds and thousands required)
- Clue 3 Worksheet: Dividing 2-Digit Numbers by 1-Digit Numbers with remainders
- Clue 4 Worksheet: Identifying 2D and 3D Shapes
- Clue 5 Worksheet: Fractions of a Number
- A suspect declaration sheet that includes a clue completion checklist and a teacher check off as solved/try again.
- Answer sheets for each clue plus a color coded guide to the elimination process of the suspect list.
- Printable awards to give to students who solve the case and catch the litterbug!
I hope your students enjoy. Please do not hesitate to email me on JJResourceCreations@gmail.com or use my store Q & A if you need help or have any questions when using this resource.
This math mystery is also available for Grades 1 - 6, click the links below to view:
Earth Day - Grade 1 Mystery
Earth Day - Grade 2 Mystery
Earth Day - Grade 3 Mystery
Earth Day - Grade 4 Mystery
Earth Day - Grade 5 Mystery
Some other products that you may be interested are listed below:
Bundle and Save with Math Mysteries Bundle Pack GRADE 4