These math centers are engaging activities that encourage math talk. Students explain how they sort their cards and build strong math concepts as they create cards of their own.
Ways to use: whole group lesson, small group lesson, independent math center, assessment, exit tickets, or homework
Download this resource and try 5 free math sorts
The Bundle Includes the Following
- Set 1: Operations & Algebraic Thinking
- 14 sorts
- Set 2: Number & Operations in Base 10
- 24 Sorts
- Set 3: Fractions
- 22 Sorts
- Set 4: Measurement & Data
- 22 Sorts
- Set 5: Geometry
- 9 Sorts
Included in each Set:
- Math Sorts Binder
- Pages that list all math sorts, standard, topic, and small group lesson plan page for notes
- Dividers for Notebook
- Students use these dividers to keep track of when they complete each math sort. The learning goals are also on each divider.
- Answer Key
There are 2 versions for each sort, so you can differentiate as needed. Version 1 is more challenging, because the category names are not given. Version 2 gives the category names.
to view a Blog Post
about how I use math sorts in my classroom.
You may also be interested in....
MORE 4th grade Math Resources
4th Grade Math Tri-Folds
- All Standards
4th Grade Morning Work
- An Entire Year of Spiral Review
4th Grade Digital Math Centers
- Paperless Math Activities