This all-inclusive workshop unit has everything you need to effectively teach your AP Language and Composition students how to approach (and master) the ever-so-daunting rhetorical device analysis essay. With this lesson, students will be able to learn distinctive strategies and skills that will make them more efficient, and yes, even more analytical writers, all while sticking to that mind-boggling time crunch!
- Lesson Plan Procedures
- A 14 Slide PPT Presentation that takes students through the entire rhetorical analysis essay writing process
- Detailed Examples throughout the PPT from the 2007 prompt featuring author Scott Russell Sanders
- An Original “9” Essay for the Scott Russell Sanders’ prompt
- An “Analyzing a “9” Workshop Activity” that allows students to thoroughly evaluate the “9” essay
- A Detailed Answer Key for the workshop activity
Not only is this a comprehensive unit complete with examples, but all of the examples and texts are College Board aligned - meaning they are attached to a previous AP Language and Composition Exam.
Good Luck and Enjoy! I hope you and your students can ALL breathe a sigh of relief on exam day!
Other Products You Might Like:
AP Language and Composition: Mastering the Argumentative Essay Activity Set
Keywords: AP Language, AP Composition, AP Language and Composition, exam, AP exam, rhetorical analysis, essay, writing workshop, rhetorical device, rhetorical strategies, AP sample essay, Pre AP English, Pre AP Language and Composition