It is essential for students to develop an understanding of the base 10 system and to use that system effectively in operations and algebraic thinking. This packet will help your students add within 100 by utilizing three addition strategies. You may have seen these strategies used in Everyday Math, Singapore Math and by Marilyn Burns.
PARENT INFORMATION SHEETS INCLUDED!
Parents need to be informed of the new math strategies their children are using and this packet can help! The strategies explained and used in this packet are:
1. Open Number Line
2. Base 10 Model Representation
3. Splitting tens and ones (Partial Sums Method)
For each strategy, you will receive the following:
1. An information sheet to use as posters or handouts for your
students and parents.
2. A practice sheet for each strategy
3. A challenge worksheet to use for those students who are ready
to move on to triple digit + double digit addition - GREAT FOR
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PURCHASE!
Come Visit Me at The Teacher's Chair!
Common Core Strategies for Addition
by Tracey Schumacher
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Based on a work at multiagedays.blogspot.com