A big fat pack of animal adaptations for a lovely adventure. Topics Include: Physical and Behavioral Adaptations, Instinctive and Learned Behaviors, Camouflage, Mimicry, Chemical Defenses, Body Coverings and Parts, Hibernation, and Migration
Printables / Worksheets (answer keys included):
- PowerPoint Review Questions
- Elephants, African Lions, Camels: A passage for each animal with comprehension Questions
- Students fill in the squares of how each physical feature helps the animal live
- Adaptations Vocabulary Sheet (used to study)
- Vocab Match (used as a quiz or test)
- Word Search
Interactive Notebooks (Teacher directions and examples included):
- Adaptations for survival – 10 animals to choose and research. If you go with the teacher directions on how to use the templates, the students will go on a zoo adventure. Animals Included: Giraffe, Lion, Elephant, Frog, Duck, Camel, Bear, Crocodile, Butterfly, and a mouse.
- Students cut the strips and classify whether the information is referring to instinctive or learned behavior.
- Pocket activity- Students classify whether the animal fact is physical or behavioral
100% editable PowerPoint – Includes all the topics mentioned above. The pictures are real rather than clipart to grasp the student’s attention. Animations are also set but you can change them if you prefer.
Look at the preview and don't forget to follow The Discovery Apple for updates on new items and great deals!
If you like this unit, you might also love:
Food Chains PackBiomes Unit PackWeather Unit PackWater Cycle PackSolar System Pack Human Body Systems Pack Force and Motion PackMatter Pack
SAVE BIG with the Science Bundle that includes 6 Units: