These sort and classify animal activities are awesome for kids who love learning about animals! They can be integrated into various learning areas such as math and science. All of the hands-on activities have corresponding worksheets to consolidate learning experiences.
Included in this pack:
- Activities vary in complexity so can be adapted to suit different year levels
- Activities can be used with the included pictures or animal figurines
- There are simple sorting labels for young learners and more specific labels for older learners
- Realistic pictures cards with labels (3D art and photos)
- Sorting mats and pictures - pets, zoo animals, farm animals, garden bugs, desert animals, polar animals, ocean animals, jungle animals, forest animals, wetland animals and savanna animals (similar to zoo animals)
- Sorting labels - Sort by places (zoo animals, home pets, farm animals, garden bugs)
- Sorting labels - Sort by habitat (forest, desert, farm, polar, ocean, jungle, wetland, savanna & savannah)
- Sorting labels - Sort by transport (land, air, water)
- Sorting labels - Sort by attributes (feather, fur, scales or spots, stripes, plain)
- Sorting labels - Sort by classification (vertebrates - reptiles, mammals, birds, fish, amphibians; invertebrates - echinoderms, insects, molluscs, annelids, crustaceans, arachnids)
- Sorting labels - Sort by omnivore, herbivore or carnivore
- Classifying animals guide
- Extra pictures for classifying animals
- 3 x Animal research writing worksheets
- 8 x Sorting animals worksheets (cut and paste)
- Places animals live
- How animals move (air, land, water)
- Feathers, fur or scales
- Animal patterns (spots, stripes or plain)
- Animal habitat sort (2 versions covering ocean, desert, polar, jungle, wetland, farm and forest habitats)
- Classifying animals (vertebrates and invertebrates)
- Animal diets (omnivore, herbivore or carnivore)
I hope you love this resource!
YOU MAY ALSO LOVE...
★★★ Click here to follow me to get regular updates about new resources and awesome freebies ★★★
JOIN THE FP COMMUNITY!
>>> Fairy Poppins
Sign up to my free newsletter on my blog to receive updates about new resources and freebies.
QUESTIONS, ISSUES OR REQUESTS
- Please feel free to contact me via the "Ask a Question" tab. I value your feedback and am happy to help.
- Need help with printing, downloading or opening files? Click here.