This is an lesson for teaching prime factorization. After tracking data for over twenty years on algebra skills, I have learned this is one of the most important fundamentals for students in Pre-Algebra, Algebra and even Advanced Algebra. Prime Factorization is an automatic response that must occur for Exponent Operations, Polynomial Factoring and Division, and Logarithms. The data strongly suggests students who struggle with the second semester of Advanced Algebra often have struggles with Prime Factorization or the seeing of numbers as prime factors.
· Lesson Plan
· Cluster of Prior, Present, and Next Learning Targets
· Common Core Standards
· Common Core Practices
· Instructions and Suggestions
· Outcomes, Assessment , and Closure Ideas
· Flipped Lesson Assignment - Scaffolding
· Guided Case Study for Cooperative Learning Activity
· Independent Practice - Differentiation (3 versions)
· Formal Assessment (3 versions)
· Written for CCSS Practice Poster Products- MP3, MP5
Includes both OneNote package, Blackboard Unit and Pdf Package
Perfect for demonstration Common Core Standards and Practices with a complete lesson plan which is designed to meet most of the requirements of new evaluation systems.