- Google Apps™
Also included in
- Have you been playing with the idea of a senior project for high school students? Maybe you know the importance of senior projects - the importance of college career readiness - but aren't sure where to begin, don't know what works, or don't have the time to create resources. Does that sound like yo$22.40$28.00Save $5.60
- Are you looking for practical and real-world high school career education resources that will prepare students for life beyond high school? Are you required to include college career ready high school curriculum, vocational education, and/or technical education this year, but aren't sure where to st$28.40$35.50Save $7.10
Are you looking for ideas for senior project experiences for self-directed learners that will help students with college and career readiness, but won't cost you time that you don't have?
This resource sets the stage for a senior year-focused community action project. It is a project-based learning experience with a service-learning twist, setting high schoolers up to end their senior year with a bang.
Students are self-directed and the guiding materials included in this resource are clear and focused. This opens up more time for you to facilitate these capstone projects.
Students identify one community issue or problem related to one career of interest. Students will study the impact of the issue, explore solutions, develop an action plan, and take action.
This is a college and career readiness resource that is great for juniors and/or seniors working to gain volunteer and leadership experience, as well as build 21st-century skills essential for life after graduation. Students can highlight this experience in their resumes and career portfolios.
This resource includes all of the guiding materials necessary to accomplish such an important learning experience. There is a printable and digital option (to be used with Google Apps).
Note: The PDF is not editable. The digital version offers the option to overlay text and images and to remove or delete slides to fit your needs.
Projects should be expected to take anywhere from 2-6 weeks. The range is dependent on the amount of class time to work on projects, schedule, skill level, etc.
Benefits of Community Action Projects:
Community action projects result in meaningful learning experiences and opportunities for:
- Self-reflection and growth
- Building social-emotional skills such as empathy and self-reliance
- Building important life and career skills such as collaboration and problem-solving
- Making a positive impact on the community long after students have completed the project, finished the class, or graduated from school.
- Teacher guide
- Two project proposals (1 - research the issue, 2- take action)
- Solution exploration tools
- Rubric 1: teacher-created rubric for project part 1 - researching the issue
- Rubric 2: student-generated rubric template for project part 2 - taking action
- Category and levels of mastery word banks for student-generated rubrics
- Daily check-in form
- Project reflection questions
***All of the elements included in this resource were designed to help learners direct their own experiences. You will not have to create a single piece of this experience. Your students lead the way using the materials included in the product while you scaffold and guide the experiences.
This resource applies the following college and career readiness targets:
- Knowledge of college and career pathway options
- Knowledge of personal interests and skills and related pathways
- Academic success and employability skills
- Work and context-based learning experiences
- Cross-disciplinary connections
- Individualized learning
- Exploring college and career options
- Progress toward credentials
Take a look at these FREE teacher tools to help implement project-based learning:
Relevant Blog Posts:
- Four Ways Students Can Take Actions in their Communities Today
- How to Implement High School Community Action Projects
Interested in new resource alerts, freebies, tips, tricks, and more?
- Click the green star for new resource alerts
- Experiential Learning Facebook Group
Earn TPT Credits:
Follow Experiential Learning Depot and earn TpT credits by giving feedback on this product. A sincere thank you for your business. Feel free to contact me through email at any time with questions on this product - firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover Font Credit: Mr FISK Fonts