Who doesn’t love task cards!?
I am so excited to be offering these super flexible task cards to help students practice and master the comprehension skill: Understanding Settings.
- 12 task cards on 3 Differentiated Levels!
- Answer pages
- Complete answer keys
- Cover page task cards for each level
basic- green background
average- purple background
advanced- blue background
- Simply print the task cards and place them in stations.
- Instruct certain students to practice with the different colored cards.
- Students can practice the skill 3 times with different levels!
- In small groups when focusing on a specific skill.
- To reinforce skills during literacy centers.
- In partner work.
- As a game. Tape them around the room for kids to move around while practicing reading. Students will ‘work the room.’
- For tutors to use in small groups.
- As a review for standardized tests.
- For a quick 5 minute time filler.
- Perfect to leave for a substitute teacher.
- Connect them to any board game. If they answer the task card correctly, they move a space in the game.
- Independent practice.
- Hide them in the room as a scavenger hunt.
- If you are interested in having access to comprehension task cards specific to 36 different skills, check out the growing bundle by CLICKING HERE!
THE 36 SKILLS!
- Below is the list of comprehension skills that will soon be available as task cards!
- Each skill will come with 12 custom task cards at 3 differentiated levels.
- Sets already published include a link, so check them out!
- Author's Purpose
- Background Knowledge
- Cause and Effect
- Character Traits
- Drawing Conclusions
- Fact and Opinion
- Finding Evidence
- Main Idea and Details
- Making Connections
- Problem and Solution
- Reader's Purpose
- Story Structure
- Text Features
- Text Importance
- Word Strategies
Copyright © 2019 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.