Crash Course Kids - Life Science Playlist Youtube Guide | Questions | Worksheet challenges students to get the most out of these 13 entertaining, short, yet substantive videos. Explore why living things eat, how the sun, plants, omnivores, herbivores and carnivores fit into the food chains. Learn how land, water and food webs play are integrated into different habitats. Listen to one of Darwin's plant experiments and then formulate the required steps to create your own. Finally, think critically about the differences between weather and climate.
This resource is a life-saver for multiple period, or multi-day substitutes. It can also be used as home school curriculum for self-directed study or extra credit assignments.
On the Fence? Try it before you buy it!
Click the link below to view the playlist that this Youtube Guide covers.
1. Gotta Eat! #1.1
2. Feed Me #1.2
3. Fabulous Food Chains #7.1
4. The Dirt on Decomposers #7.2
5. The Basics of Freshwater #14.1
6. Water Water Everywhere #14.2
7. Land and Water #16.1
8. Home Sweet Habitat #21.1
9. Food Webs #21.2
10. Who Needs Dirt? #27.1
11. Look Who’s Talking #27.2
12. Living Things Change #41.1
13. Climate Change #41.2
Check the preview file for high resolution sample questions to see if this guide is suitable for your students. This resource consists of 39 high-level, short answer reflection and extension questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information. (plus vocabulary fill in the blank definitions as reference for students as they integrate the new words into their answers)
★You're In Good Hands★
Although this movie guide doesn't have many ratings yet, please don't be overly concerned as it was posted more recently than my other resources. Please visit MY STORE to see over 3,000 ratings with a perfect ★★★★★ average.
This product includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF printer version (14 pages)
- A student movie guide, PDF digital fillable form version (14 pages)
- An answer key (14 pages) IS included with this movie guide, however many answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning from the characters' dialogue and behavior.
- A Google Forms Version of the Guide
- CCSS & NGSS alignment indicating standards met, PDF (1 page - see also preview image)
- CCSS Note: I’ve taken the liberty of aligning certain reading standards with the act of consuming content via the movie instead. Although students aren’t reading they are asked to perform the same cognitive functions on the content that they consumed from the movie.
Get Free Money with TPT Credits!
- Leave Feedback for this product and earn TPT credits
- 20 Credits = $1 OFF any TPT purchase
General Tips for Using this Youtube Guide:
- Print one, double-sided Youtube guide for each student
- Preview the next question on the Youtube guide as you complete each one, this can help students pay attention to important upcoming events.
- Pause at the times designated on the Youtube guide, encourage students to debate, discuss and talk about their ideas before writing their answers.
- Discourage students from simply copying answers.
- Randomly choose a student to share their answer and defend it if necessary.
- If time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the clip again for additional analysis.
- On average, this Youtube guide will require about 15 minutes per episode
Digital Version Tips
- It is intended for a paperless, 1:1 tablet/iPad classroom
- Ask students to download a PDF editor app if they don't already have one. It needs to have a save function as well. I used Foxit PDF.
- Host the file. I used google drive to share a folder with students.
- When complete, ask students to save the file in a designated google drive folder using a naming convention. (I use LastnameFirstnameMovieGuide.pdf)
FREE Movie Guides & Resources:
Get a feel for my work and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to 'live' on the higher levels of Bloom's taxonomy.
- Free Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide (PG - 2016)
- Free The Lightning Thief Movie Guide (PG - 2010)
- Free Home Alone 2 Movie Guide (PG - 1992)
- Free! Story Elements Worksheet
- Free! Character Analysis & Comparison
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
- TpT Store - TeacherTravis
- Pinterest - TeacherTravis
- Instagram - Teachers Travis
- Facebook - K12MovieGuides
- Twitter - K12MovieGuides
- Blog & Website - K12MovieGuides
See my movie guides below, by category, or search for one at my TPT STORE