This Descriptive Writing Unit includes everything you need to improve your students' writing. Students will learn about seven different types of Figurative Language and how to incorporate them into their writing. The lesson plans follow the guided release of responsibility model and incorporate whole class lessons, guided/shared writing, partner writing, independent writing, peer editing and writing conferences.
This package includes:
• An interactive powerpoint to teach 7 types of Figurative Language - Simile, Metaphor, Onomatopoeia, Personification, Alliteration, Assonance, and Hyperbole.
• Media links to help your students review and remember Figurative Language
• Step by step lesson plans
• Student Worksheets, Notes and Writing Pages
• Student Exemplars
• An Editable Quiz on Figurative Language
• An Editable Rubric
*Links Updated 10/14/2018
Looking for more great Language Activities? Try Literature Circles
★★★ Did You Know...
You can get TPT credits to use on future purchases! Go to your My Purchases page and click on the Provide Feedback link. By leaving a quick rating and a short comment you will help me determine which products are most valuable and you will save money on future purchases!
★★★ Follow My Store
Click on the green star near the top of the product listing pages to be the first to learn about new products and freebies.