Distance Learning Activities Packet for Remote Learning - Digital and Paper
Need lessons for remote learning? Looking for resources during the Corona Virus school closings? Are your students or children in need of offsite learning resources?
You’re in the right place!
This resource is designed to be a comprehensive collection of English Language Arts materials to share with students during mandated school closings. There are 5 sets of lessons in this resource. Each set of lessons includes 3 tasks. The tasks include a grammar task, a reading task, and a writing task.
These remote learning activities are perfect for TEACHERS who need to provide their students with ELA lessons while schools are not in session. The paper and digital options make it possible to use the version of materials that work best for your students. If you need to email resources to students/parents, links to PDF versions of just the student packet and overview are provided.
These remote learning activities are also designed for PARENTS. Everything that your child will need to practice critical English Language Arts skills while learning at home is included. All instructional materials that your child will need to do the activities is included so that you child can work independently while developing their skills in grammar, reading and writing.
How it works:
In both the paper and digital versions of this resource students will need to complete 15 tasks. The tasks are broken into five lessons. Each lesson includes an activity that reinforces grammar, reading, and writing. Students will likely complete 3 tasks each day for a five day period.
About the Grammar Tasks
- These tasks are set up in a “This” or “That” format.
- Students can CHOOSE to complete the “This” OR the “That” task.
- Instruction is included at the top of each page.
- For an extra bonus, students can always complete BOTH tasks.
About the Reading Tasks
- All passages focus on the comparing and contrasting reading comprehension skill.
- An overview of comparing and contrasting is included in the students’ resources.
- Students will need to read passages and respond to short-answer and multiple-choice questions. In some cases, they will also need to complete graphic organizers.
About the Writing Tasks
- The writing tasks are all creative writing prompts.
- Students will need to practice a range of writing skills as they respond creatively to the prompts.
TWO OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE!
- Simply print the directions and worksheets for students. Photocopy the pages. Staple them together to create a packet.
- *** BONUS – A link to just the PDF of the packet is included in case you need to email it to parents.
- Just provide students with a link to make a copy of the resources in Google Drive.
- *** BONUS – A handout about the digital activities is included for to students or give to parents in a PDF version.
This detailed resource includes:
- Teacher/Parent Overview with directions and details (3 pages)
- Digital Version Links Page
- Learning At Home Handout (for students using the digital version of the resources)
- Student Directions – 4 pages (paper and digital versions)
- Tracking Guide (to record completed tasks)
- Student Packet – 15 pages (paper and digital versions)
- Answer Keys (grammar and reading)
More Remote Learning Ideas:
- Assign an independent reading project
- Have students practice reading comprehension with these doodle passages
- Give students this FREE set of writing prompts
- Get students reading with this FREE reading tracker and prompts
- Share this FREE creative writing video to promote writing at home
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!