Also included in
- READING WORKSHOP: Reader's workshop helps students build reading stamina and a life-long love of reading. This package provides you with several tools to plan, organize and assess a reader's workshop in your secondary classroom. Each product is available individually, but you save over 30% when you$58.00$81.21Save $23.21
UPDATED FOR DISTANCE LEARNING
These writing prompts are perfect to use as bell ringers for independent reading or reader's workshop. Each one asks students to reflect on -- or connect to -- some aspect of their reading, such as character, theme, point of view, conflict, or setting. Some prompts ask them to make a creative connection. Then, a further slide will instruct students to make one or more revisions to improve their response. This process is not meant to end with a fully revised good copy or to take a lot of time; instead, it helps students create a habit of revision. If each time they write something they take a moment to think about improvements, -- even if the response is short and informal -- they will form that habit and become better writers. (SAVE: this product is available in my Reader's Workshop Bundle).
In this file, you will find:
1. A slideshow with over 50 writing prompts, followed by a suggested revision.
2. A slideshow without the revisions - just the prompts.
3. A slideshow with editable revision suggestions. Use these if you need to tweak the revisions to suit the needs of your students
*You can also print off the prompts and use them for small group discussions about texts.
You may also like:
Connect with me for teaching tips and ideas:
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and products:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store..