Also included in
- Engage your students with these fun First Grade Math Number Sense Activities with Mega Math Practice worksheets aligned with the Operations and Algebraic Thinking standards. These PRINT and GO worksheets and DIGITAL slide activities help your young learners master these important foundational skil$65.00$99.50Save $34.50
- Engage your students with this fun Standards-based First Grade Math Number Sense Activities Bundle, worksheets and digital activities and help them master these important foundational skills. These First Grade Math Number Sense Activities and Place Value Worksheets are perfect for morning work, home$109.00$211.00Save $102.00
Engage your students with these fun First Grade Math Number Sense Activities with Properties of Operations Worksheets and digital activities and help them master these important foundational skills.
These First Grade Math Number Sense Activities and Properties of Operations Worksheets are perfect for morning work, homework, math centers, distance or hybrid learning, or homeschool.
The No Prep printable worksheets and ready-to-use digital activities give you lots of options when assigning to your students. Perfect for guided practice, independent practice, math centers, or intervention.
The digital activities are easy to assign through Google Classroom or by sharing a link directly with your students. Fill your lesson plans with these no-prep activities and rest knowing you are providing your students with engaging and rigorous math practice.
First Grade Math Number Sense Activities with Properties of Operations Worksheets includes:
- Printable PDF format
- Digital version compatible with Google Slides
- Over forty-five pages of first-grade number sense activities
Properties of Operations: 1.OA.4 gives your students a lot of practice composing and decomposing number, and finding missing addends and sums while learning to understand the relationship between addition and subtraction. Students need plenty of opportunities to work with all new math skills. These concepts are important for your students to master in order to understand higher-level math concepts.
Understanding the relationship between addition and subtraction and its representation is crucial to understanding operations and algebraic reasoning. All students need lots of practice with this skill in order to competently use it going forward.
This unit is aligned with the First Grade Common Core Math Standard 1.OA.4:
Understand and apply properties of operations and the relationship between addition and subtraction. Apply properties of operations as strategies to add and subtract. Understand subtraction as an unknown addend problem. For example, subtract 10 – 8 by finding the number that makes 10 when added to 8.
It includes forty-eight pages of practice with a year round theme. I use these pages during our “written math practice” rotation during math workshop/guided math time. These pages can also be used for early finishers or homework during the time that you teach the 1.OA.4. Watch for more MEGA MATH PRACTICE units to come aligned with the Common Core State Standards.
Be sure to check out the HUGE Mega Math Practice Bundle here:
Check out other Mega Math Practice Seasonal Units here:
More Mega Math Practice:
I have used guided math in my classroom for over ten years. I begin my teaching time block teaching/spiraling math concepts as a whole group, but most of my math block is devoted to guided practice in small groups followed by independent or small group practice, centers and intervention. I begin my math time every day with a page from my popular Number of the Day series. You may find more math in this “printable” format in my store.
I hope that you and your kids enjoy this fun resource. Check out my store for lots of fun math units including my popular Number of the Day units for grades K-Second.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about my store.
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This material is copyrighted by Barbara Morgan Balius. The purchase of this copyrighted product includes a limited license for your classroom use. It is meant for use by one teacher in one classroom. You may use this resource for each of your students in one classroom. The product may not be copied and distributed, uploaded to the internet, or stored in a public retrieval system outside of the scope of your classroom before obtaining written approval from its author, Barbara Morgan Balius. This resource is not an Open Education Resource (OER) and as such cannot be uploaded to any #GoOpen websites, including, but not limited to, Amazon Inspire. If you intend to use it for more than one classroom, a whole school, or a whole district, additional licenses may be purchased on Teachers pay Teachers in my store. The pages included in this resource may not be used in whole or in part to create something new, and/or be distributed in any way without written consent from the author, Barbara Morgan Balius.
If you have any questions pertaining to this limited license for this product, please contact email@example.com for a quote.