Also included in
- Engage your students with these fun Back to School First Grade Math Number Sense Activities. Standards-aligned worksheets activities will help them master these important foundational skills. These First Grade Math Number Sense Activities and Addition and Subtraction Properties of Operations Worksh$9.50$12.50Save $3.00
- First Grade Mega Math Practice Seasonal Unit Bundle gives your students a lot of practice in all areas of the Common Core First Grade Math Standards with seasonal themes. Students need many opportunities to work with all new math skills. These units have similar activities to the other Mega Math P$32.00$58.75Save $26.75
- Engage your students with this fun Standards-based First Grade Math Number Sense Activities Bundle, worksheets and digital activities and help them master these important foundational skills. These First Grade Math Number Sense Activities and Place Value Worksheets are perfect for morning work, home$114.00$225.25Save $111.25
Engage your students with these fun First Grade Math Number Sense Activities with Place Value Worksheets activities and help them master these important foundational skills.
These First Grade Math Number Sense Activities and Place Value Worksheets are perfect for morning work, homework, math centers, distance or hybrid learning, or homeschool. This back-to-school unit focuses on the place value skills that young learners should practice at the beginning of the first-grade year.
The No Prep printable worksheets and ready-to-use digital activities give you lots of options when assigning to your students. Perfect for guided practice, independent practice, math centers, or intervention.
Fill your lesson plans with these no-prep activities and rest knowing you are providing your students with engaging and rigorous math practice.
First Grade Math Number Sense Activities with Place Value Worksheets includes:
- Printable PDF format
- Over 40 pages of first-grade number sense activities
This unit is aligned with the First Grade Common Core
Math Standard 1.NBT.2a, b, and c:
Understand that the two digits of a two-digit number present amounts of tens and ones. Understand the following as special cases:
- A 10 can be thought of as a bundle of ten ones — called a “ten.”
- The numbers from 11 to 19 are composed of a ten and one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, or nine ones.
- Understand the following as special cases: The numbers 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 refer to one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, or nine tens (and 0 ones).
It includes this place value practice
- Making a ten with leftovers-objects. (4 pages)
- Making a ten with leftovers-units. (4 pages)
- Making a ten with leftovers-rod and units. (4 pages)
- Making a ten with leftovers-ten frames. (4 pages)
- Making Ten with leftovers & write the teen number. (4 pages)
- Counting Ten with leftovers rods and units & write the teen number. (4 pages)
- Making teen numbers-ten frames & build (draw) the teen number. (4 pages)
Multiples of Ten:
- Counting by Ten-objects (4 pages)
- Identify the tens-write the number. (4 pages)
- Color the tens on a hundred chart. (4 pages)
The First Grade Math Number Sense Activities with Place Value Worksheets resource digs deeper into the Numbers and Base Ten standard by giving your students a lot of practice in composing tens, and in understanding place value and multiple representations. These place value and number sense concepts are important for your students to master in order to understand higher-level math concepts.
First Grade Math Number Sense Activities with Place Value Worksheets set focuses on first grade standards including:
- Bundle of Tens NBT.2a
- Teen Numbers NBT.2b
- Multiples of Ten NBT.2c
Be sure to check out the NBT Bundle here:
Be sure to check out the HUGE Mega Math Practice Bundle here:
Check out other Mega Math Practice Seasonal Units here:
More Mega Math Practice:
I hope that you and your kids enjoy these fun First Grade Math Number Sense Activities with Place Value Worksheets set. Check out my store for lots of fun math units including my popular Number of the Day units for grades K-Second.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about my store.
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This material is copyrighted by Barbara Morgan Balius. The purchase of this copyrighted product includes a limited license for your classroom use. It is meant for use by one teacher in one classroom. You may use this resource for each of your students in one classroom. The product may not be copied and distributed, uploaded to the internet, or stored in a public retrieval system outside of the scope of your classroom before obtaining written approval from its author, Barbara Morgan Balius. This resource is not an Open Education Resource (OER) and as such cannot be uploaded to any #GoOpen websites, including, but not limited to, Amazon Inspire. If you intend to use it for more than one classroom, a whole school, or a whole district, additional licenses may be purchased on Teachers pay Teachers in my store. The pages included in this resource may not be used in whole or in part to create something new, and/or be distributed in any way without written consent from the author, Barbara Morgan Balius.
If you have any questions pertaining to this limited license for this product, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.