This bundle of 1st grade math intervention units supports you in delivering quality math intervention, RtI and progress monitoring for your first grade small groups.
Each unit includes:
- A Pre and Post Unit Assessment
- 5 Detailed Daily Lessons
- Independent Practice Activities
- Daily Ticket Out The Door Assessments
How Does 5 Day Focus Math Intervention Work?
This full-year curriculum bundle includes 14 units designed for small group math instruction. These units will make planning effective instruction so much easier because they include everything you need to instruct, assess, and provide independent practice to your students.
- Each unit begins with an introduction that gives you a clear understanding of the unit to come and the strategies that will be used. I keep the unit introduction short and sweet while orienting you to the standards you are addressing in the unit.
- Next, you will find a unit overview that gives you an at-a-glance peek at the lesson topics, independent activities, and assessment. Stay organized easily with the overview!
- For each unit, you will find a pre and post assessment along with daily exit tickets so that you can monitor your students' progress towards the unit goals. These assessments are ideal to have in your back pocket come time for report cards, progress reports, or student meetings.
- Next, each unit includes 5 lessons. These lessons are based on the concrete -> representational -> abstract progression and include activities that will support your students in understanding these tricky math concepts.
- Last, but not least... in fact, I think this may be the MOST important component.... each lesson comes with an independent practice activity so that you can be sure that your students will leave each unit independently able to demonstrate the target skill. No longer will you say "they could do it in the group but independently they fall apart". We build this in because the goal is independence in each and every unit.
Building a Foundation
1) The Meaning of Addition
2) The Meaning of Subtraction
3) Partners of 10
Numbers & Operations to 20
4) Understanding Teen Numbers
5) Counting On
6) Addition & Subtraction Fact Families
7) Missing Numbers in an Equation
8) Comparison Relationships
9) Make a Ten Addition Strategy
Numbers & Operations to 100
10) Understanding 2 Digit Numbers
11) Comparing 2 Digit Numbers
12) Adding & Subtracting Decade Numbers
13) Adding Sums to 100
14) 10 More/10 Less Mental Math