This NO PREP project will have students looking at the world around them to find geometric transformations. This is READY TO PRINT and will keep students engaged while working on rotations, reflections, translations, and glide reflections.
In this project, students will find examples of translations, reflections, rotations, and a glide reflection on business logos. Then, they will create a drawing of a personal logo. Lastly, they will create a class logo using coordinate geometry to list their pre-image and image points, along with the transformation rule.
This project is written so that students turn in their work through PowerPoint or Google Slides, but you can substitute whatever you prefer.
- Teacher Notes - a few quick notes to help the project go smoothly
- Transformations Logo Project - a PDF student handout with a detailed description of the project
- Double Check - an optional PDF student handout to help students make sure they have all of the necessary elements of the project
- Transformations Logo Project Rubric - a PDF version of the project rubric
- Transformations Logo Project Presentation - an optional EDITABLE PowerPoint presentation to help you explain the project to your students.
- Logo Project Rubric - an EDITABLE PowerPoint version of the project rubric
You will receive a ZIP file upon download. The file has a PDF document and two PowerPoint files.
You may also be interested in:
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and products!
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about my store.
If you have any questions or comments please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This purchase is for one teacher only.
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. This item is bound by copyright laws and redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly forbidden. If you wish to share with colleagues, please purchase additional licenses.
© Mrs. E Teaches Math, LLC All rights reserved.