Pints and Pounds and Meters, oh my- if you are using the Grade 4 EnVisions math curriculum, these power points are a great resource to use when teaching each lesson. They allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
Topic 14 is all about measurement of capacity and mass. The customary units and metric units of capacity and mass are introduced, and students are taught how to convert between units within the system. Lessons presented by the power points include:
14-1 Using Customary Units of Length
14-2 Customary Units of Capacity
14-3 Units of Weight
14-4 Changing Customary Units
14-5 Problem Solving: Writing to Explain
14-6 Using Metric Units of Length
14-7 Metric Units of Capacity
14-8 Units of Mass
14-9 Changing Metric Units
14-10 Units of Time
14-11 Problem Solving: Working Backward
If you like this product, please check out the other products in the Grade 4 EnVisions Math Power Point Series! Here are a few related examples.
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 15 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 16 Power Point Lessons