How Flight Can Be Improved - Google Slides and PowerPoint Lesson
- Google Apps™
Also included in
- This complete unit package includes a full lesson set for a complete unit on Flight. Save over 65% by purchasing this unit vs. purchasing the resources individually.Included in the package:- 4 weeks of teaching material- 6 Power Points totaling 82 slides- Flight - Bell Ringers, Class Warm-Ups, andPrice $23.97Original Price $46.79Save $22.82
This lesson package on How Flight can be Improved by using different types of aircrafts or by making improvements on the ones we currently have. It begins with a comparison of Helicopters and Airplanes then moves on to means of Reducing Drag, Decreasing Weight, and Increasing Thrust. Lastly, it looks at the new types of aircrafts available including Stealth Airplanes, Drones, and Future Space Crafts.
The package contains diagrams, examples, and explanations. It includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), 7 embedded videos, and a student lesson handout as a word document that follows the lesson. Additionally, each resource comes as a Google document or slide which has already been formatted and is ready to upload to your Drive with a single click.
- Helicopters vs. Airplanes
- Reducing Drag
- Decreasing Weight
- Increase Thrust
- Stealth Airplanes
- The Future of Space Travel
- Google and Office versions of each resource
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- 7 videos embedded into the presentation
This lesson includes both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentation is in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resource is perfect for distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
The student version of the presentation contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
Within my complete Flight Unit you can find the following lesson packages:
Lesson 1 - The History and Future of Flight
Lesson 2 - How Planes and Other Aircraft Fly
Lesson 4 - How Living Things Fly
Lesson 5 - The Properties of Air
Lesson 6 - The Environmental and Social Effects of Airlines
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.