Informational Writing Unit | Hurricanes Mentor Text Writing
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Do you want your students to learn to become better writers? This bundle of lessons teaches informational, narrative, persuasive, and opinion writing pieces through high interest mentor texts and writing processes. There are also writing lessons for each type of writing to keep your teaching in writPrice $40.99Original Price $70.99Save $30.00
- This bundle contains 4 informational writing units with mentor texts. Each unit contains the full writing process with a mentor text, a research component, anchor charts, comprehension questions, and hands-on lessons. Check out the included products to see all the units that are included!The units cPrice $9.60Original Price $12.00Save $2.40
Do you want your students to master research and informational writing? This unit is a full writing process with lesson plans and activities using the book, "Hurricanes" By Gail Gibbons. This unit focuses on informational writing using research and the entire writing process.
In this lesson you teach students what informational writing is and have the students research a type of weather. Then, they will write an informational piece on that type of weather. There are options to keep this project more open ended or more structured!
In this unit:
1. Anchor Charts for Informational Writing
2. "Hurricanes" Comprehension Questions
3. Research Pages-QR Codes and Websites for students to use
4. All steps of the writing process
5. Class Book Cover
6. 2 Rubric Choices
What others are saying?!
Buyer- Well created resource and lesson plans. Easy to teach and connected great with our weather unit!! Thank you!
Mary- love that this informational writing is paired with a text!! If you are looking for a writing prompt, The Friendly Teacher has you covered!! :)
Buyer- Great product. The kids LOVED using the QR codes and I loved how easy it was to use the resources. Thanks so much!
For another informational unit click here:
Informational Writing with What if you had Animal Feet & Hair?!
If you want all types of genres for writing with mentor texts check out my bundle!