By posting learning centre signs in my classroom, my students can independently select activities of their choosing while still having some direction from me about what to do to be successful. These learning centre signs give you four example centres as well as a template for you to customize to any centres available in your classroom.
Learning centres are common in kindergarten rooms; however, I use centres in junior level classes (grades 4-6). I am sure you could find using learning centres is a successful strategy in any elementary classroom. These would also suit Makerspaces.
All centre signs encourage students to follow a three step process as they create:
Included completed centres signs are:
- sewing centre
- painting centre
- pixel art centre (also known as perler beads)
- lego centre
- template sign for you to customize (you can duplicate this sign to create as many versions as you need)
Included in the .zip download are three versions of the same file:
- PDF file ready to print on 8.5x11 paper
- PowerPoint .pptx file - ready to customize to your classroom's needs
- Keynote file - ready to customize to your classroom's needs