Increase student engagement and understanding in your next literary analysis unit with interactive and hands-on close reading organizers and scaffolded writing responses. Students will enjoy using sticky notes in class as they analyze complex short stories and novels.
This sticky note literary analysis unit is a great way to help students learn to thoroughly analyze literature.
This lesson includes:
- an editable, 25-slide PowerPoint for teaching literary devices and short stories
- 17 interactive literary device organizers
- 13 writing prompts with outlines
- 2 grading rubrics
- teacher instructions
- a sample week lesson plan
- suggested stories and paired literary devices
- group brainstorming ideas
Literary Devices Included:
- figurative language
- hero's journey
This unit includes almost all of the resources you will need for a complete literary analysis unit. You will need to choose and provide the text you read in class to make your own unit come to life. With a little prep work and all of the materials in this unit, you will teach the best short story unit, literary analysis unit, or novel study ever!
42 secured PDF pages, 25 editable PowerPoint slides