Also included in
- This Unit package includes a full lesson set for a Mini Unit on Matter. Save over 30% by purchasing this unit vs. purchasing the resources individually.Included in the package:- 3 weeks of teaching resources- 3 PowerPoints – 80 Slides- 7 Laboratory Activities- 5 Worksheets- Teacher and student vers$16.78$23.97Save $7.19
- This NO PREP, complete unit comes with a day-by-day teaching timeline as well as each resource needed to cover the required topics within the standard. Each resource inside this bundle was handpicked to cover all aspects of the MS-PS1-1 NGSS and includes lessons, activities, and assessment items. Th$42.97$83.91Save $40.94
This lesson package on Matter introduces students to what Matter is as well as how it relates to particles, mass and volume. Furthermore, the lesson explores change of state and a basic overview of the particle theory. Lastly, the lesson package include a laboratory activity where you students will see how an objects state (solid, liquid or gas) affects its mass and volume.
The package contains diagrams, examples and explanations. It includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the PowerPoint), 1 laboratory activity, 2 embedded videos, 2 worksheets with answer keys (including 1 Bill Nye The Science Guy worksheet) and a student lesson handout as a word document which follows the PowerPoint.
Buyer Comment: "Another great product. I like the variety of materials. Thanks!"
"I love your materials!"
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the PowerPoint
- The student version of the PowerPoint
- 1 Laboratory Activity
- 2 Worksheets with answer key
- 2 videos embedded into the PowerPoint
- Student lesson handout
In order, the lesson covers:
- What is Matter
- Mass and Volume
- The Particle Theory of Matter
- States (Phases) of Matter
Buyer Comment: "Thank you for providing this wonderful resource. I can't wait to use it!"
The student version of the PowerPoint contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
Within my Matter Mini Unit I have the following lessons.
The entire Matter Mini Unit can be purchased at a steep discount BY CLICKING HERE
Please view the Preview File to obtain a sense of my style, see how my power point lesson is structured and evaluate my work.
I also have a range assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store.Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.