This easy-to-use, turnkey lesson plan is aligned with the NGSS High School Earth and Space Science performance expectations and disciplinary core ideas in ESS1: Earth’s Place in the Universe.
The lesson plan includes a summary, a list of resources, learning outcomes, the NGSS alignment for the lesson, lesson procedures, one Science Literacy Activity. The lesson plan also includes a discussion question and sample responses, assessment questions and an answer key.
Upon completion of this lesson, students will be able to:
• Describe the essence of the scientific method.
• Explain how astronomers use the scientific method in their studies.
• Identify the differences between a set of hypotheses and a scientific theory.
• Provide examples of the experiments conducted on cosmic objects other than the Earth.
• Explain the purpose of scientific models.
• Provide examples of various scientific models.
• Provide examples of how new observations and discoveries are used to test old hypotheses and theories.
• Explain why making astronomical observations that support or discard a hypothesis can be very challenging.
This lesson plan is also included in NGSS Earth and Space Science Lesson Plans MEGA BUNDLE - 50+ Turnkey Lesson Plans
. I will be adding new lesson plans and teaching resources to the MEGA BUNDLE. Purchase it now to receive all yet-to-be-added lesson plans and teaching resources for FREE. The price of the MEGA BUNDLE will increase as additional materials are added. Follow me to receive email notifications when new lesson plans and teaching resources are added. Notifications are sent via TpT Inbox.
Download this FREE Earth and Space Science lesson plan
to learn more about my lessons plans and teaching resources.SAVE MORE by purchasing NGSS Earth and Space Science Lesson Plans BUNDLE #1 Astronomy as a Science
SAVE EVEN MORE by purchasing NGSS Earth and Space Science Lesson Plans MEGA BUNDLE - 50+ Turnkey Lesson Plans