23 Spinners Games to help K-2 students learn their sounds. Each spinner is a mix of different sounds and word families as follows:
- 5 Short Vowel word family spinners - 1 per vowel
- 1 "Magic E" spinner
- 4 Spinners which mix short and long vowels using Magic E
- 6 Spinners on Long Vowels - 1 each for each vowel and one that mixes all the long vowel sounds
- 1 Spinner on R-Controlled Vowels
- 1 Spinner on other vowels sounds
- 1 Spinner mixing R-Controlled and other vowel sounds
- 4 Spinners for Blends
Also included are arrows for constructing the spinner, 4 suggested games for writing words with the sounds and handouts for the games. Teacher must buy butterfly pins to construct the spinners.
Other Phonics Resources you may be interested in:
Complete Phonics Word Wall
Contains over 1200 words organized by word families and spelling patterns.
Short Vowels Mega Bundle
A range of activities to teach Short Vowel Word Families.
Short Vowel Phonics Practice
80 worksheets (9 different styles) to practice short vowels (included in the Shorts Vowel Mega Bundle resource).
Grade 1 Phonics Based Spelling Program