Products in this Bundle (7)
showing 1-5 of 7 products
This bundle Includes everything you need to teach a unit on mollusks to your life science or biology students. The bundle contains a 64-slide PowerPoint presentation, lecture notes for the teacher, a guided notes outline for the students, set of task cards, homework assignments/study guide, Phylum Mollusca acrostic puzzle, 2 Jeopardy review games, set of 2 quizzes, and a final unit test.
I have included each product in an editable format, and I have also included each product in PDF form. Each of these products is sold separately in my TpT store, but buying the entire unit in one download will save you money. The bundle offers a savings of 20%.
Complete teacher guides and teacher answer keys are included for each resource.
The products included in this teaching bundle are:
- Phylum Mollusca Acrostic Puzzle
- Phylum Mollusca PowerPoint and Notes Set
- Phylum Mollusca Task Cards
- Phylum Mollusca Jeopardy Review Game
- Phylum Mollusca Quiz Set of 2
- Phylum Mollusca Homework and Study Guide
- Phylum Mollusca Test
Topics covered in this Bundle:
- Characteristics of the Phylum Mollusca.
- Mollusks are coelomates: Includes the definition of “coelom”, the advantages of having a true coelom, and a list of animal phyla that have a true coelom. Students are reminded of the differences between acoelomates, pseudocoelomates, and coelomates.
- The trochophore larva.
- Bilateral symmetry.
- The Mollusk Body Plan: Head. Foot, visceral hump, mantle, shell, gills, radula.
- Three classes of mollusks are covered: Class Gastropoda, Class Bivalvia, and Class Cephalopoda. Students will complete a table that briefly compares the three classes, followed by a more in-depth study of each class.
- Class Gastropoda: Characteristics of the members of this class, torsion, the open circulatory system, hemolymph, hemocoel, characteristics of snails, slugs, and nudibranchs.
- Class Bivalvia: Characteristics of the members of this class, the parts of the bivalve shell, adductor muscles.
- Students will label a drawing showing the external structures of the clam: Umbo, hinge, siphons, valves, growth rings, and foot.
- Students will label a drawing showing the internal structures of the clam: Mantle, foot, dorsal excurrent siphon, ventral incurrent siphon, palps, mouth, stomach, digestive gland, intestine, anus, anterior and posterior adductor muscles, heart, gills, and gonads.
- Class Bivalvia Body Systems: Movement, Food-getting and Digestion, Nervous system, Open Circulatory system, Reproductive system, Respiratory system.
- Class Cephalopoda: Characteristics of the members of this class, division of the foot into tentacles, predatory lifestyle, chromatophores.
- Cephalopod body systems: Closed Circulatory system, Nervous system, Reproductive system.
- Characteristics of squid, octopus, and chambered nautilus.
- The Ecology of the Mollusks: What roles do mollusks play in the ecosystem?
- 8 Critical Thinking Questions about the Phylum Mollusca.
The PowerPoint consists of 64 slides that are colorful, informative and visually stimulating. Pictures and diagrams are included that will greatly enhance your instruction to your students. This product also includes a set of notes for the teacher and a set of notes for the student. The students get an outline of the notes that they fill in as the PowerPoint lesson is being presented.
This teaching bundle is appropriate for all biology students in grades 8 - 12.
Related Products Include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: