This handout outlines steps used for solving word problems.
1. Read the question.
2. Understand the question.
3. Look for important information.
4. Highlight the important information.
5. Think of strategies to use.
6. Use words, numbers and pictures to solve. (Show all your work!)
7. Check, check, check your answers!
This handout is useful to be kept in their math binder, homework folder or to glue into a math journal.
Can be used with any grade level where these problem solving steps are introduced and reinforced.