- 30 cards in two versions - Black/White and Color
- Each card has a problem on one side. Students round each problem to the nearest decimal place (tenth, hundredth, thousandth) or to the nearest whole number. The answer is located on the other side of the card. (See front page picture of resource above for an example of what this looks like)
This aligns with the 5th grade common core standards (5. NBT.A.4) but can be used for different grades as a review or enrichment.
- Print the cards (either version)
- Give each student a card and have them fold the cards in half (problem on one side and answer on the other)
- Students will walk around the room (you can play music if you like) with their hands up to find a partner.
- Partner A shows the problem to Partner B to solve (A coaches B if needed)
- Partner B shows his/her problem to Partner A (B coaches A if needed)
- Players switch cards and put their hands in the air. They then walk around the room to someone else who has their hand up to repeat the process.
Thank you for looking! If you like this product, please check out some of my other math activities and task cards.
Polygons or Not - Picture Sort - Digital! No paper or scissors required
Task Cards with QR Codes- Long Division